September 25, 2013 | By Bryn Symonds |
What not to miss
Appleton Estate Rum Tour
St. Elizabeth (near Negril)
Tour the famous Appleton Estate and Rum Factory, in continuous operation since 1749 and still using many of the traditional techniques and processes. Tastings of this out-of-this-world rum are included.
Bob Marley Jeep Safari
Enjoy a scenic drive to the quaint village of Nine Mile. Tour Bob Marley’s childhood home, accompanied by a Rastafarian guide. See the mausoleum where he was laid to rest.
Dunn’s River Falls Cruise
Experience an unforgettable day of fun and sun aboard Cool Runnings, a 75-foot catamaran. Cruise to a crystal cove for swimming or snorkelling, then dock at the magnificent Dunn’s River Falls.
Jamaica Jazz & Blues
For the last weekend of January, Jamaica is the place to be for lovers of world-class jazz and blues. This famous festival attracts thousands of guests to sunny Montego Bay with names like Michael Bolton, John Legend and Dionne Warwick.
Contact your Air Canada Vacations representative at destination for more information or to book an excursion.
- Ian Fleming, creator of the character James Bond 007, had a home in St. Mary, Jamaica, which he dubbed Goldeneye.
- Jamaica was the first tropical country to enter the Winter Olympics.
- Jamaica is home to the fastest man on the planet, Usain Bolt.
- Language: English is the official language. Jamaican Patois is widely spoken.
- Electricity: 110-120 Volts (same as Canada)
- Currency: Jamaican dollar (JMD). The US dollar is also generally accepted.
- Famous landmark: Dunn’s River Falls, a beautiful and ?awe-inspiring waterfall near Ocho Rios.
- More destination facts about Montego Bay